At Cosgrove & Povitz, your health and the health of our team are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. Additionally, every half hour to an hour we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant.
We are also utilizing Aerosol Removal Devices, HEPA Filters and Isolite to significantly reduce aerosol, spatter and airborne micron particulates.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
We have also made changes in regards to your visit. It is very important to read through everything. If you have any changes, please call or email the office prior to your appointment.
Before your appointment:
- Confirmations will be sent via text and email 3 days prior to any visit. There will be information regarding your appointment included in the email, so it is very important you read the email in its entirety.
- Regardless of when your appointment was made or if you confirmed your appointment via text or email, we will be calling 2 days before your visit to go over Covid-19 screening questions and changes in the office. Please answer your phone.
- We will try to call the day before your appointment, however if we are unable to speak to you directly, we will reschedule your visit. Unfortunately, emails and texts will not suffice for the Covid-19 screening.
All appointments must be confirmed and we must speak with you at least 1 day prior to your visit.
Upon your arrival:
- Please be on time for your scheduled visit. We are limiting patients in our reception area, so if you happen to show up early or past your scheduled arrival time, this may interfere with other patient visits and as well as your own.
- Upon arrival to the building, please call or text the office. At that time we will let you know to come up as we are ready for you or to wait in your car or lobby for a moment and we’ll let you know when to come up.
- Patients MUST wear a face covering at all times unless instructed by your provider.
- When you arrive to our suite please sanitize hands and stand in designated area.
- For the health and safety of our patients and team, you will be asked Covid-19 screening questions.
- We will then take your temperature. If your temperature is above 100.4 degrees we will ask you to leave and we will call you at a later date to reschedule your visit.
- Once cleared you will be brought back to a sanitized operatory and greeted by your hygienist or Drs. Cosgrove or Povitz.
At the end of your visit:
- Please do not leave the room until the hygienist or doctor has dismissed you.
- You will be scheduled for your next visit in the operatory, this includes any restorative appointments.
- You will be emailed an invoice for your visit. You may either call in with your credit card information or utilize our online payment system by following the link in the email.
- You will also be emailed a treatment plan for any restorative treatment diagnosed. If you have questions for the doctor and/or Allison, we do offer virtual appointments or you may call the office to discuss.
Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted.
Thank you and we can't wait to see you!